Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Speeches at the 2016 Democratic National Convention
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 DNC speeches (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (1) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Barack Obama (2) Democratic President (elected 2008)
- Bernie Sanders (4) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Cory Booker (3) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Elizabeth Warren (3) Massachusetts Senator
- Joe Biden (1) Democratic V.P.
- John Hickenlooper (1) Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- Kirsten Gillibrand (1) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Tim Kaine (6) Virginia Democratic Nominee for Vice President
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
John Hickenlooper: Government can help in economic transition.
Bernie Sanders: Income inequality is not moral and is not acceptable.
Tim Kaine: Battle for social justice: everyone deserves opportunity.
Tim Kaine: Civil rights work inspired by fight to integrate schools.
Elizabeth Warren: Using bigotry & division distracts from real change.
Amy Klobuchar: We must address human trafficking abroad and domestically.
Barack Obama: Criminal justice reform starts with voting.
Bernie Sanders: Free tuition at public colleges for most students.
Families & Children|
Cory Booker: Paid family leave is a necessity.
Elizabeth Warren: America is truly a land of opportunity.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Family leave & equal pay strengthens America.
Tim Kaine: After VA Tech shooting, closed background check loophole.
Bernie Sanders: Combat Big Pharma's greed on drug prices.
Principles & Values|
Tim Kaine: My values are faith, family, and work.
Tim Kaine: Cultural diversity unites and strengthens us.
Tim Kaine: Hillary is ready to lead like all our great leaders.
Bernie Sanders: Our revolution will transform America.
Cory Booker: Even those with no religion are entitled to rights.
Cory Booker: As we owe the past, we must pay for the future.
Barack Obama: Equality is an American value that motivates us.
Elizabeth Warren: Lots of wealth in America but it stays at the top.
Welfare & Poverty|
Joe Biden: Middle class makes us strong, give hope to poor.
The above quotations are from Speeches at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
Republican Conventions and Conferences:
- Republican National Convention, July 18-21, 2016
- Republican Party Platform, Aug. 29, 2012
- Republican National Convention, Aug. 28-30, 2012
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 12-14, 2011
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 18-20, 2010
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 27-28, 2009
- Republican National Convention, Sept. 3rd-5th, 2008
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 7, 2008
- 2004 Republican Convention, in New York City, Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2004
Democratic Conventions and Conferences:
- South-by-Southwest Conference, March 8-17, 2019
- Democratic National Convention, July 25-28, 2016
- Democratic Party Platform, Sept. 4, 2012
- Democratic National Convention, Sept. 4-6, 2012
- Democratic National Convention, Aug. 26th-Aug. 28th, 2008
- Take Back America Conference, June 18-20 2007
- Take Back America Conference, June 13-15, 2006
- Take Back America Conference, June 2-3, 2005
- Democratic National Convention, July 24-27 2004
- MoveOn questionnaire, June 17, 2003
- Take Back America Conference, June 4-6, 2003