Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
CNN N. H. Town Hall on eve of N. H. primary
at Saint Anselm College, Manchester NH
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CNN N. H. Town Hall (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (3) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang (6) Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Bernie Sanders (4) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Deval Patrick (15) Massachusetts Democratic Governor
- Elizabeth Warren (12) Massachusetts Senator
- Joe Biden (11) Democratic V.P.
- Pete Buttigieg (6) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Tom Steyer (7) Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Tom Steyer: Balanced budget in good economies, but spend in tough times.
Deval Patrick: Events in Charlottesville show we are in deep trouble.
Tom Steyer: Increase disability funding; we all succeed together.
Deval Patrick: Focus investments on community as part as long-term value.
Elizabeth Warren: Unfair for big corps to pay no taxes and not contribute.
Deval Patrick: Black Lives Matter doesn't mean you hate police.
Pete Buttigieg: Put boundaries on what phamra companies can do.
Andrew Yang: Take billions from drug companies to fix opioid crisis.
Elizabeth Warren: Opioid crisis has stigma like AIDS & needs increased funding.
Bernie Sanders: Freeze private charter schools; they have no accountability.
Deval Patrick: A year of college fees for a year of service.
Pete Buttigieg: Stand up and support public education.
Elizabeth Warren: My secretary of education will be a public school teacher.
Tom Steyer: Hold charter schools to same standards as public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Deval Patrick: Cap-and-trade via Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.
Deval Patrick: Massachusetts met Paris Climate rules while he was Governor.
Tom Steyer: Cap-and-trade market-based approaches are ineffective.
Bernie Sanders: Single-use plastic is a crisis among many pollution crises.
Andrew Yang: Eliminate the penny to speed up economy & save environment.
Joe Biden: Will bring polluting country leaders to US to find solutions.
Tom Steyer: Environmental justice means clean air & water.
Families & Children|
Deval Patrick: In my youth, whole community raised its kids.
Deval Patrick: Simplify funding for mental illness treatment.
Pete Buttigieg: Healing & Belonging Grants: more mental healthcare support.
Joe Biden: $15 minimum wage and triple money for Title 1 schools.
Tom Steyer: $100M/year for mental health, to reduce suicide & depression.
Elizabeth Warren: Let Israelis and Palestinians decide together on Jerusalem.
Elizabeth Warren: Will follow Obama's policy on Iran, in a word, diplomacy.
Joe Biden: Putin wants to weaken NATO and democracy.
Joe Biden: We should not have abandoned the Kurds.
Deval Patrick: Democracy Agenda: first legislative package as president.
Andrew Yang: Make Election Day a national holiday.
Elizabeth Warren: Current election financing system favors rich.
Amy Klobuchar: Close the boyfriend loophole; no guns for abusers.
Deval Patrick: State gun laws don't matter when guns come from other states.
Andrew Yang: Personalize guns so only the owner can fire it.
Elizabeth Warren: Lethality of guns makes more suicides & domestic violence.
Elizabeth Warren: Multiple solutions to gun deaths, like with highway deaths.
Bernie Sanders: Every president since FDR has tried to fix healthcare.
Bernie Sanders: More money into research for pandemics like coronavirus.
Deval Patrick: Crying need for research of Alzheimers & disabling diseases.
Pete Buttigieg: Support people facing assisted suicide from terminal illness.
Joe Biden: Biden Cancer Initiative: data from multiple researchers.
Joe Biden: Tax capital gains at bracket levels to pay for health plan.
Joe Biden: Must divulge cost of health care legislation.
Joe Biden: Invest $50B in new agency to fight cancer.
Deval Patrick: Allowed MA to shelter Central American refugee children.
Pete Buttigieg: Community Renewal Visas: fast-track rural immigration.
Elizabeth Warren: Restore aid to Central America to reduce emigration.
Elizabeth Warren: Path to citizenship for all here will strengthen America.
Elizabeth Warren: We cannot be a nation that puts children and adults in cages.
Principles & Values|
Deval Patrick: I am a man of faith; my decisions are grounded in faith.
Pete Buttigieg: Government belongs to people of every religion & no religion.
Elizabeth Warren: Committed to grassroots campaign with small donations.
Joe Biden: If Putin interferes, there will be consequences.
Amy Klobuchar: Raise cap above "donut hole": FICA over $250,000.
Joe Biden: 6.2% FICA tax on all earnings over $400,000.
Deval Patrick: Raise the estate tax to 55%.
Deval Patrick: Infrastructure creates jobs now and builds base for future.
Andrew Yang: Preserve our data rights and our data dignity.
Joe Biden: Build half million charging stations on highways.
War & Peace|
Amy Klobuchar: Require Congressional approval for war with Iran.
Andrew Yang: Require Congress to declare war.
The above quotations are from CNN N. H. Town Hall on eve of N. H. primary
at Saint Anselm College, Manchester NH.
Debates and Surveys in the 2020 Democratic Primary:
Surveys and other coverage of the Democratic Primary:
- February Democratic candidates debate in N.H., (Feb. 7, 2020)
- CNN New Hampshire Town Halls (Feb. 5-6, 2020)
- January Democratic candidates debate in Des Moines, (Jan. 14, 2020)
- December Democratic candidates debate at UCLA, (Dec. 19, 2019)
- November Democratic candidates debate in Atlanta, (Nov. 20, 2019)
- October Democratic candidates debate in Ohio, (Oct. 15, 2019)
- CNN LGBT Town Hall (Oct. 10, 2019)
- Business Insider Republican candidates debate, (Sept. 24, 2019)
- September Democratic candidates debate in Houston, (Sept. 12, 2019)
- CNN Climate Town Hall (Sept. 4, 2019)
- July Democratic candidates debate in Detroit (July 30-31, 2019)
- June Democratic candidates debate in Miami, (June 26-27, 2019)
- CNN Town Halls (April-May, 2019)
- Survey of 2020 Presidential campaign websites
- Politico 2020Dems Presidential survey
- NPR Morning Edition 2020 Presidential survey
- CNN Kfile, investigative reporting on presidential contenders
- Jacobin Magazine, socialist perspectives on presidential contenders
- CNN Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- Fox Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- 2020 Presidential Hopefuls by OnTheIssues.org
Books by 2020 Presidential hopefuls:
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris (2019)
- Shortest Way Home, by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
- The Mueller Report, investigation and commentary (2019)
- From the Ground Up, by Howard Schultz (2019)
- Where We Go From Here, by Bernie Sanders (2018)
- The Right Answer, by John Delaney (2018)
- An Unlikely Journey, by Julian Castro (2018)
- Healing the Soul of America, by Marianne Williamson (2018)
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden (2017)
- This Fight Is Our Fight by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
- The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston (2017)
- United, by Cory Booker (2016)
- The Opposite of Woe, by John Hickenlooper (2016)
- The Senator Next Door, by Amy Klobuchar (2015)
- Off the Sidelines, Kirsten Gillibrand (2014)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Beto O'Rourke (2011)
Page last edited: Mar 11, 2020