Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
News coverage of `Red Wave` 2020 House races in New York
(Click for external website)
2020 House race coverage: New York Red Wave:
- NY-17: The Hill e-zine, "Heated argument erupts after Rep. Mondaire Jones calls GOP objections to DC statehood 'racist trash'," by Morgan Gstalter, 4/23/2021
- NY-2: Jewish Insider, "Andrew Garbarino, Long Island's Heir to Pete King," by Matthew Kassel, 4/15/2021
- NY-27: The Buffalo News, "Who's behind billboard urging Chris Jacobs to resign?," by Jerry Zremski, 4/12/2021
- NY-11: TheCity.NYC, "Staten Island Rep. Nicole Malliotakis Faces Backlash After Joining GOP Bid to Overturn Biden Win," by Clifford Michel, 1/7/2021
- NY-2: AARP survey, "Andrew Garbarino and Jackie Gordon Answer 5 Questions Vital to Voters 50+", by Andrew Soergel, October 23, 2020
- NY-2, NY-12, NY-20, NY-25, NY-26: ScienceDebate.org, 10/9/2020
- NY-22: iVoterGuide survey on House race (Claudia Tenney), downloaded October 2020
- NY-16: NYTimes, "Jamaal Bowman proves Ocasio-Cortez was no fluke," by Jesse McKinley, 8/3/2020
- NY-14: Counterpunch.org political e-zine, "The U.S. Struggle for Justice for Palestine Begins a New Chapter," by Mary Miller & Ariel Gold, July 17, 2020
- NY-14: Letter to Secretary Mike Pompeo with 12 other Members of Congress, on Annexation of Occupied Palestine, June 30, 2020
- HRC press release, "Human Rights Campaign Endorses 40 House, 5 Senate Pro-Equality Leaders," May 18, 2020
- NY-14: The Daily Dot, "Antoine Tucker loves tattoos, conspiracy memes, and wants to unseat AOC," by Alex Thomas, April 16, 2020
- NY-14: City & State magazine, "Meet the Republicans running against Ocasio-Cortez," by Rebecca C. Lewis, August 7, 2019
- NY-15: NY Post, "Councilman will force NYC to disclose job creation if de Blasio won't," by Rich Calder, 4/7/2019
- NY-15: CityAndStateNY.com, "Two New York City Council members introducing a bill to keep certain felons off the ballot," by Jeff Coltin, 1/30/2018
- NY-15: NBC News, "NYC proposal sheds light on nation's school segregation issue," by Sedria Renee, 12/3/2016
- NY-15: CityAndStateNY.com, "NYC Council to consider bills to combat opioid epidemic," by Grace Segers, 2/28/2016
Special coverage of "Red Wave" states:
- CA: 7 new House members including 1 Democrat hold & 2 Republican holds; and 3 Republican takeovers + 1 SPEL takeover
- FL: 5 new House members, including 2 Republican holds and 3 Republican takeovers
- NY: 5 new House members including 3 Democrat holds & 1 Republican hold; and 1 Republican takeover + 1 SPEL hold
- TX: 7 new House members, all 7 Republican holds.
- All other states: 52 new House members including 10 Republican takeovers and 3 Democratic takeovers
- Endorsements: Organizational endorsements of new House members, from groups that focus on one issue
- 2021 House incumbents: continuing coverage of the 117th Congress
Conclusion: the "Red Wave" means Republicans made some gains in Congress when they were expected to lose seats.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Nicole Malliotakis: Defunding the police makes us less safe.
Jamaal Bowman: Continue reckoning on race and policing in America.
Antoine Tucker: Ex-drug dealer; focused on reforming criminal justice system.
Brian Higgins: Investment in pre-K programs leads to good outcomes.
Carolyn Maloney: Teaching materials must be based on science.
Joe Morelle: Co-sponsor of bill to invest $100 billion in public schools.
Mondaire Jones: Empower public school teachers and education will improve.
Paul Tonko: Worked to close the STEM gender gap.
Ritchie Torres: Proposed bill to eliminate segregation in NYC public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Brian Higgins: Climate crisis an opportunity for jobs and research.
Carolyn Maloney: Co-sponsor of Green New Deal to fight climate crisis.
Joe Morelle: Climate changes threatens our future and our economy.
Mondaire Jones: Must pass Green New Deal to save planet.
Paul Tonko: Green New Deal needs support through legislation.
Brian Higgins: EPA must protect the Great Lakes from pollution.
Families & Children|
Andrew Garbarino: Allow family caretakers of seniors to be paid by Medicaid.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Signed letter opposing Israeli annexation of territories.
Mondaire Jones: Opposition to D.C. statehood is racist.
Ritchie Torres: Public office is a privilege, so ban corrupt people.
Brian Higgins: End Dickey Amendment and fund federal gun violence research.
Carolyn Maloney: Close "boyfriend loophole" and require background checks.
Claudia Tenney: People unable to handle firearms should be monitored.
Joe Morelle: Government has role to play in reducing gun violence.
Mondaire Jones: Allocate federal funds for gun violence prevention.
Paul Tonko: Appeal Dickey to allow federal research re gun violence.
Andrew Garbarino: We must control costs of prescription drugs.
Brian Higgins: Increase federal funding to advance cures for cancer.
Carolyn Maloney: Healthcare is a human right.
Joe Morelle: Health care research will improve health crisis responses.
Mondaire Jones: Supports universal, single-payer health care.
Paul Tonko: No one should go bankrupt due to a health emergency.
Ritchie Torres: Expand resources for people who overdose.
Andrew Garbarino: Prevent gang members from crossing southern border.
Brian Higgins: Do not curtail visas for skilled workers who benefit us.
Carolyn Maloney: Visa restrictions are racist and anti-American.
Joe Morelle: Against restrictions in new work visas for skilled workers.
Mondaire Jones: Immigrant rights are human rights.
Paul Tonko: Advocates no restrictions on visas for skilled workers.
Ritchie Torres: Wants to ensure NYC is creating real, not projected jobs.
Principles & Values|
Chris Jacobs: Many have valid concerns about election's integrity.
Nicole Mattiotakis: Voted against presidential certification to root out fraud.
Antoine Tucker: Ex-felon; earned GED in prison; opened tattoo shop.
Andrew Garbarino: We must be honest about fiscal dilemmas facing the fund.
Carolyn Maloney: Science should be considered when making policies.
Paul Tonko: Federal research ensures U.S. R&D leadership.
The above quotations are from News coverage of `Red Wave` 2020 House races in New York.