David Jolly on Foreign Policy
Help create stability in regions where there is none
We must work to protect our military strength and ensure that our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines, including those serving in the Guard & Reserves, can count with the most advanced tools and technologies necessary to protect our nation, our lives
and personal freedoms. By standing with our allies who fight with us against our common enemies and helping create stability and in regions where there is none will help us in our continued effort defend our nation's liberties and keep us safe.
Source: 2016 Florida Senate campaign website, DavidJolly.com
, Jan 1, 2015
Stop pattern of negotiating away American leverage
We must advance a foreign policy that protects the strength of the United States of America, and ends the pattern of this Administration negotiating away our leverage.
We must stand by our allies who fight with us against terrorist cells around the globe, and allies like Israel who advance stability and freedom in increasingly unstable regions.
Source: 2014 House campaign website, DavidJolly.com, "Issues"
, Mar 11, 2014
Condemn China's organ harvesting from Falun Gong prisoners.
Jolly co-sponsored Resolution on Falun Gong
RESOLUTION expressing concern over persistent and credible reports of systematic, state-sanctioned organ harvesting from non-consenting prisoners of conscience, in the People's Republic of China, including from large numbers of Falun Gong practitioners imprisoned for their religious beliefs, and members of other religious and ethnic minority groups.
- Whereas the People's Republic of China performs more than10,000 organ transplantations per year;
- Whereas the Department of State Country Report on Human Rights for China for 2011 reported 'instances of organ harvesting, particularly from Falun Gong practitioners and Uighurs';
- Whereas the People's Republic of China implemented regulations in 1984 that permitted the harvesting of organs from executed prisoners;
- Whereas Falun Gong, a spiritual practice involving meditative exercises, with the number of practitioners upwards of 70,000,000;
- Whereas in July 1999, the Chinese Communist Party launched an intensive, nationwide
persecution designed to eradicate the spiritual practice of Falun Gong
Resolved, That the House of Representatives--
Source: H.Res.281 14_HRes281 on Jun 27, 2013
- calls on the Government of the People's Republic of China to immediately end the practice of organ harvesting from all prisoners, and particularly from Falun Gong prisoners of conscience and members of other religious and ethnic minority groups;
- calls for a full and transparent investigation into organ transplant practices;
- demands an immediate end to the 14-year persecution of the Falun Gong spiritual practice;
- recommends that the United States State Department issue a travel warning for US citizens traveling to China for organ transplants informing them that the organ source for their operation may be a prisoner of conscience; and
- recommends that the US Government publicly condemn organ transplantation abuses in China and ban the entry of those who have participated in illegal removal of human tissues and organs.
Supports standing with the nation of israel.
Jolly supports the CC survey question on support of Israel
The Christian Coalition Voter Guide inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'The U.S. Should Continue to Support and Stand with the Nation of Israel Against her Enemies'
The Christian Coalition notes, "You can help make sure that voters have the facts BEFORE they cast their votes. We have surveyed candidates in the most competitive congressional races on the issues that are important to conservatives."
Source: Christian Coalition Survey 16_CC14 on Nov 8, 2016
Other candidates on Foreign Policy:
David Jolly on other issues:
Senate races 2019-20:
Senate Votes (analysis)
Page last updated: Mar 24, 2020