Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Kansas House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from KS legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Barbara Bollier (1) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Kansas
- Jake LaTurner (1) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Kansas
- Jeff Colyer (2) Kansas Candidate for Governor
- Kathleen Sebelius (1) Kansas Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002); Cabinet Sec'y (HHS)
- Kevin Yoder (1) Republican U.S. Rep Kansas-3
- Laura Kelly (3) Kansas Democratic candidate for governor of Kansas
- Sam Brownback (2) Kansas Republican Governor
- Susan Wagle (4) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Kansas
- Tim Huelskamp (1) Republican U.S. Rep Kansas-1
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Kansas state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- KS-R Derek Schmidt - Candidate for Governor 2022
State Senate, district 15, 2001-2011
Attorney General since 2011
- D-KS Laura Kelly - Governor of Kansas since 2019
Member of the Kansas Senate, 18th district, 2005-2019
- D-KS Barbara Bollier - Candidate for U.S. Senate 2020
Member of the Kansas Senate, 7th district, since 2017 (switched to Democrat)
Member of the Kansas House of Representatives, 25th & 21st districts, 2011-2017 (elected as Republican)
- R-KS Susan Wagle - candidate for U.S. Senate 2020
President of the Kansas Senate since 2013
Kansas Senate, 30th district, since 2001
Kansas House, 99th district, 1991 – 2001
- KS-R - Jake LaTurner - 2020 candidate for U.S. House KS-2 district
Candidate for U.S. Senate 2019
Treasurer of Kansas since 2017
Kansas Senate, 13th district, 2013-2017
- R-KS-1 Tim Huelskamp - member of United States House of Representatives
former member of Kansas Senate from the 38th district, 1997 – 2011
- R-KS-2 Lynn Jenkins - member of United States House of Representatives
former Kansas State Treasurer, 2003 – 2008
former member of Kansas Senate from the 20th district, 2000 - 2002
former member of Kansas House of Representatives from the 52nd district, 1998-2000
- R-KS-3 Kevin Yoder - member of United States House of Representatives
former member of Kansas House of Representatives from the 20th district, 2003-2010
- Jeff Colyer - Lt. Gov. and candidate for Governor in 2018
Lt. Governor--succeeded Governor Sam Brownback--2011-2017
Kansas Senate, 37th district, 2009-2011
Member of the Kansas House of Representatives, from the 48th district, 2007-2009
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jeff Colyer: Caitlin's Law: strengthen penalties for repeat DUI offenders.
Kathleen Sebelius: Vetoed voter ID requirement for advance voting.
Jeff Colyer: Require voter identification for advance voting.
Kevin Yoder: Require voter identification for advance voting.
Susan Wagle: Require voter identification for advance voting.
Tim Huelskamp: Require voter identification for advance voting.
Laura Kelly: Don't require voter identification for advance voting.
Barbara Bollier: Red flag legislation for temporary removal of firearms.
Sam Brownback: Allow concealed carry of guns without a license.
Jake LaTurner: Allow concealed carry of guns without a license.
Laura Kelly: Allow concealed carry of guns without a license.
Susan Wagle: Allow concealed carry of guns without a license.
Laura Kelly: Cover an additional 150,000 Kansans by expanding Medicaid.
Susan Wagle: Expanding Medicaid will break our back with debt.
Sam Brownback: Let states collect windfall from federal tax changes.
Susan Wagle: $500M tax cut: no state windfall from federal tax changes.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Kansas House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- SB 284: KCUR 89.3 FM, "Decried As Discriminatory, Protections For Religious Adoption Agencies Passed By Kansas," by Stephen Koranda, May 4, 2018
- Press release on Kansas HB 2439, Caitlin's Law, (Jeff Colyer), 3/9/2018
- HB 2502: The Wichita Eagle, "Kansas lawmakers pass bill allowing public employees to carry concealed guns," by Bryan Lowry, May 01, 2016
- SB175: Washington Blade, "Brownback signs 'religious freedom' bill against LGBT students," by Chris Johnson, March 23, 2016
- SB95: The Topeka Capital-Journal, "Gov. Sam Brownback signs bill banning 'dismemberment' abortions," by Jonathan Shorman, Posted Apr 7, 2015
- S.B. 45: Everytown for Gun Safety press release, "Kansas Moms, Everytown Condemn Senate's Passage of Dangerous Gun Bill," 02. 26. 2015
- HB 2668: Missouri Medicine , the Journal of the Missouri State Medical Association, "Kansas Legislature Passes Health Care Cost Transparency Bill," by Kansas Senator Jim Denning, 2014 May-Jun
- HB 2035: ThinkProgress.org: KS GOP Rep. Slams Anti-Abortion Bill: I'm 'Embarrassed To Be A State That Bases Its Laws On Untruths'," by Tanya Somanader, March 30, 2011
- KS SB218: National Partnership for Women & Families, "Tiller Murder Unlikely To Stall Abortion Debate in Kansas," June 8, 2009
- KS SB218: Taiwan News, "Kansas gov vetoes bill on late-term abortions," by John Hanna, Associated Press, 2009/04/24
- Kansas HB 2019, on voter identification, 5/6/2008