Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of AL political races in The Birmingham News (al.com)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Birmingham News (number of quotes indicated):
- ACLU (1)
- Arnold Mooney (2) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Bill Hightower (2) Republican U.S. Rep Alabama-1
- Bradley Byrne (4) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Doug Jones (5) Democratic Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Jeff Sessions (1) Alabama Attorney General 2017-2018
- John Rogers (3) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Kay Ivey (3) Alabama Republican Alabama Governor
- Roy Moore (5) Republican candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Tommy Tuberville (2) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Vivian Davis Figures (4) Democratic Senate Challenger (2008); State Senator Alabama
- Walt Maddox (1) Alabama Democratic candidate for governor of Alabama
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The Birmingham News:
- AL-Senate-2020: "How Alabama Senate hopefuls answered 3 key forum questions," by Paul Gattis, Jan 22, 2020
- AL-Senate-2020: "Rogers on his mistake and how Doug Jones 'hollered'," by Roy S. Johnson, May 06, 2019
- (On Kay Ivey): The Birmingham News on 2018 Alabama gubernatorial race, 7/25/2018
- (On Walt Maddox): Birmingham News on 2018 Alabama Gubernatorial race, 6/6/2018
- (On Doug Jones): Birmingham News on 2017 Alabama Senate race, 9/21/2017 & 10/12/2017
- (On Doug Jones): Birmingham News on 2017 Alabama Senate race, 6/14/2017
- (On Roy Moore): Birmingham News on 2017 Alabama Senate special election, 4/26/2017
- On AL-HB2: Birmingham News, "It's now a crime in Alabama to lie about military honors and cash in," by Brian Lawson, Jul 01, 2015
- On AL-HB1: "Alabama House passes bill protecting students' religious freedoms," by Erin Edgemon, Mar 11, 2015
- (On Jeff Sessions): 2008 Alabama Senate Debate reported in The Birmingham News, 10/15/2008
- (On Vivian Davis Figures): 2008 Alabama Senate Debate reported in The Birmingham News, 10/15/2008
- (On Vivian Davis Figures): Birmingham News, “Delay kills English-only bills”, 4/25/2008
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Rogers: To abortion foes: You kill them now or you kill them later.
Roy Moore: Our families are being crippled by divorce and abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Tommy Tuberville: Get handle on deficit or face serious trouble.
Roy Moore: Our sacred institution of marriage is one man and one woman.
Bradley Byrne: States should be free to decide on gay marriage.
Doug Jones: Gay son celebrates Jones' swearing in as senator.
Bradley Byrne: Marriage is defined as one man and one woman.
Bradley Byrne: Supreme Court should not define marriage for states.
Bill Hightower: End "government goodies" to attract out-of-state business.
ACLU: Chemical castration for sex offenders is unconstitutional.
Kay Ivey: Chemical castration for sex offenses against children.
Vivian Davis Figures: No chemical castration for sex offenses against children.
Arnold Mooney: Chemical castration for sex offenses against children.
John Rogers: No chemical castration for sex offenses against children.
Tommy Tuberville: Going to have to prove that medical marijuana is good.
Kay Ivey: Establish commission to study legalizing medical marijuana.
Arnold Mooney: Don't study legalizing medical marijuana.
John Rogers: Establish commission to study legalizing medical marijuana.
Vivian Davis Figures: Establish commission to study legalizing medical marijuana.
Bradley Byrne: Bill allows tax credits for private K-12 scholarships.
Roy Moore: Common Core? Education is not in the Constitution.
Doug Jones: Conservationists back Jones.
Doug Jones: Free trade is good for Alabama businesses.
Kay Ivey: Prohibit lobbyists from serving in the executive branch.
Doug Jones: Supporter of 2nd amendment.
Doug Jones: Dreamers should be allowed to stay.
Vivian Davis Figures: English-only law are divisive and reek of segregation.
Principles & Values|
Walt Maddox: Put the principles of people over those of the parties.
Roy Moore: God first, then family, then country.
Roy Moore: Removed as Justice for illegally posting Ten Commandments.
Jeff Sessions: Declines debate challenge from Vivian Figures.
Vivian Davis Figures: Challenges Jeff Sessions to debate; Sessions declines.
Bill Hightower: Supports a flat tax for Alabama.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of AL political races in The Birmingham News (al.com).