Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Business Week magazine
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Business Week (now part of Bloomberg) (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Gore (11) Democrat
- Antonio Villaraigosa (1) California Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Charles Djou (1) Republican Governor challenger U.S. Rep Hawaii-1
- Charlie Crist (2) Florida Democratic Governor Challenger
- Colleen Hanabusa (1) Hawaii Democratic candidate for Hawaii Governor
- Kendrick Meek (1) 2010 Democratic Senate Challenger; currently US Rep. Florida
- Lee Fisher (2) 2010 Democratic Senate Challenger; currently Lt. Gov. Ohio
- Marco Rubio (1) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Neil Abercrombie (1) Hawaii Democratic Governor
- Rob Portman (2) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in Business Week newsmagazine:
- (On Colleen Hanabusa & Neil Abercrombie): Business Week on 2014 Hawaii Senate & Governor race, 12/12/2013
- (On Charles Djou): Business Week on 2014 Hawaii Governor race, 12/9/2013
- (On Antonio Villaraigosa): Business Week on 2014 California governor's race, 5/9/2013
- (On Charlie Crist & Kendrick Meek): Business Week coverage of 2010 Florida Senate debate, 10/25/2010
- (On Marco Rubio): Business Week coverage of 2010 Florida Senate debate, 10/25/2010
- (On Lee Fisher & Rob Portman): Business Week coverage of 2010 Ohio Senate debate, 10/8/2010
- (On Steve Pearce & Tom Udall): 2008 N.M. Senate debate report in N.M.Business Weekly, 8/22/2008
- (On Al Gore): Interview in Business Week, p. 42-43, 12/20/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Charlie Crist: OpEd: As incumbent, blamed for Florida's weak economy.
Al Gore: Pledges to reduce national debt every year.
Al Gore: Economic slowdown would prompt Reinvention push.
Al Gore: Clinton-Gore budget concepts broke cycle of recession.
Antonio Villaraigosa: LA's diversity program is "absolutely insufficient".
Marco Rubio: Businesses need certainty to commit to hiring new workers.
Charles Djou: Advocated for recycling and trash services on City Council.
Al Gore: Pres. Bush did too little for Russia; Clinton did not.
Colleen Hanabusa: Supports 1920 Jones Act: only US ships HI to West Coast.
Neil Abercrombie: Allow foreign ships to unload in Hawaii en route to US.
Rob Portman: Served as trade representative under Pres. George W. Bush.
Al Gore: WTO talks will continue, with labor & environment input.
Al Gore: WTO requires Japan & Europe to deal with our trade issues.
Al Gore: Supports permanent normal trade relations with China.
Lee Fisher: Incentive for Ohio jobs rather than breaks for jobs overseas.
Rob Portman: High unemployment rate creates Ohio brain drain.
Principles & Values|
Al Gore: Domestic priorities: schools, health, enviro, & Reinvention.
Charlie Crist: Best to extend all tax cuts; but compromise and push later.
Kendrick Meek: Bush tax cuts killed surpluses; no more trickle-down.
Lee Fisher: 2005 tax cut reduced Ohio taxes by 16.8%.
Al Gore: Rules out tax increase in good economic times.
Al Gore: In information economy, oil prices rises donít matter.
Al Gore: Tax-free Internet a catastrophe for local governments.
The above quotations are from Business Week magazine.