Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of Kentucky political races in Lexington Herald-Leader
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Lexington Herald-Leader (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Edelen (4) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Alison Grimes (9) Kentucky Democratic candidate for governor
- Andy Beshear (2) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Bruce Lunsford (3) Former Democratic Senate challenger (2008) Kentucky
- Charles Booker (3) Democratic Senate Challenger Kentucky
- Jack Conway (2) Kentucky Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Jim Gray (5) Kentucky Democratic candidate for governor
- Jim Justice (1) West Virginia Democratic governor
- Matt Bevin (6) Kentucky Republican Governor
- Mitch McConnell (6) Republican Sr Senator Kentucky
- Rand Paul (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Robert Goforth (1) Kentucky Republican challenger for Governor
- Rocky Adkins (2) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Steve Beshear (2) Kentucky Democratic Governor (term-limited 2015)
- Wesley Morgan (2)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Lexington Herald-Leader:
- (On 2022_KY_Senate): "Another progressive Democrat is exploring a Senate bid," by Daniel Desrochers, November 22, 2019
- SB100: "Why KY lawmakers abruptly revived and passed a bill angering solar power advocates," by John Cheves & Daniel Desrochers, March 15, 2019
- (On Matt Bevin & Mitch McConnell): Lexington Herald-Leader on 2019 Kentucky Gubernatorial race, 7/3/2018
- (On Alison Grimes): Lexington Herald-Leader on 2019 Kentucky gubernatorial race, 5/21/2018
- (On Jim Justice): Lexington Herald-Leader on 2016 West Virginia Governor race, 9/30/2016
- (On Matt Bevin & Steve Beshear): Lexington Herald Leader on 2015 Kentucky gubernatorial race, 12/22/2015
- (On Matt Bevin): Lexington Herald-Leader on 2015 Kentucky Gubernatorial race, 8/1/2015
- (On Alison Grimes): Lexington Herald Leader on 2014 Kentucky Senate race, 9/25/2014
- (On Mitch McConnell): Lexington Herald Leader on 2014 Kentucky Senate race, 9/25/2014
- (On Mitch McConnell): Lexington Herald-Leader AdWatch on 2014 Kentucky Senate race, 3/17/2014
- (On Alison Grimes): Lexington Herald Leader AdWatch on 2014 Kentucky Senate race, 1/7/2014
- (On Alison Grimes & Mitch McConnell): Lexington Herald Leader on 2014 Kentucky Senate debate, 10/17/2013
- (On Jack Conway): Lexington Herald-Leader on 2015 Kentucky gubernatorial race, 7/17/2011
- (On Jack Conway & Rand Paul): Lexington Herald-Leader on 2010 Kentucky Senate debate, 9/23/2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Charles Booker: Microphone cut off during speech against anti-abortion bill.
Adam Edelen: Abortion rights are vital to ensuring equality for women.
Andy Beshear: Endorsed by NARAL; will defend women's right to choose.
Andy Beshear: Defend law requiring ultrasound before abortion.
Matt Bevin: I am the most pro-life governor in America.
Rocky Adkins: Voted for several anti-abortion bills.
Budget & Economy|
Mitch McConnell: Proud of role in high-profile deal to end federal shutdown.
Alison Grimes: Supports allowing gay marriage.
Matt Bevin: Restore felon voting rights, but only through legislature.
Steve Beshear: Restore right to vote to most nonviolent felons.
Jim Gray: Fully fund drug treatment and addiction recovery.
Alison Grimes: Have a discussion about marijuana legalization.
Mitch McConnell: Strongly opposed to legalization of marijuana.
Adam Edelen: Support teachers with pensions and more in classroom.
Jack Conway: Enforce consumer protection laws at for-profit schools.
Energy & Oil|
Matt Bevin: Allow utilities to pay customers less for excess solar power.
Charles Booker: No on utilities paying customers less for excess solar power.
Robert Goforth: Allow utilities to pay customers less for excess solar power.
Rocky Adkins: No on utilities paying customers less for excess solar power.
Adam Edelen: Install solar panels on reclaimed surface mines.
Alison Grimes: Balanced approach to deal with global warming.
Jim Justice: Paid $900,000 fine for poor pollution controls at mines.
Jim Gray: EPA regulations overstep bounds, but we can't throw them out.
Bruce Lunsford: Worked on fatherís tobacco farm as a youngster.
Jim Gray: Trade deals are a net positive for Kentucky.
Mitch McConnell: Trade agreements allow selling farm products abroad.
Matt Bevin: School shootings caused by "culture of death" in media.
Mitch McConnell: Congress cannot fix school shootings; must act locally.
Jim Gray: Ban gun purchases by people on FBI terrorist watch list.
Jim Gray: Ok to delay gun sales for 72 hours, but no secret lists.
Alison Grimes: Same background-check standards at gun store versus gun show.
Charles Booker: Supports Medicare for All & Green New Deal.
Alison Grimes: Concerned with some aspects of ObamaCare.
Bruce Lunsford: McConnell is bought and paid for by drug companies.
Mitch McConnell: AdWatch: Brought in new VA hospital; & higher pay for troops.
Jack Conway: Let gays serve openly in US military.
Rand Paul: Military should decide don't-ask-don't-tell policy.
Matt Bevin: Minimum wage stifles job creation; reduce to $7.25.
Steve Beshear: Raise state worker minimum wage from $7.25 to $10.10.
Principles & Values|
Wesley Morgan: 100 % Trump supporter: "I'm so anti-Democrat".
Alison Grimes: Father indicted for illegal campaign contributions to Alison.
Wesley Morgan: Filed bill making it harder to remove Confederate statues.
Matt Bevin: Don't celebrate partisanship; call for unity instead.
Alison Grimes: AdWatch: Grimes' opponent offered deal to drop out.
Alison Grimes: Fight "Senator Gridlock": Kentucky pays for GOP dysfunction.
Mitch McConnell: Leadership has value; freshmen have little impact.
Bruce Lunsford: Eliminate the capital gains tax.
Adam Edelen: Modernize to new economy including rural broadband internet.
War & Peace|
Alison Grimes: Israel has the right to defend herself.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of Kentucky political races in Lexington Herald-Leader.