Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of ND political races in The Bismarck Tribune
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Bismarck Tribune (number of quotes indicated):
- Doug Burgum (1) North Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
- Duane Sand (3) Republican Primary Challenger North Dakota
- Heidi Heitkamp (2) Democratic Challenger North Dakota
- Marvin Nelson (1) North Dakota Democratic candidate for Governor
- Michael Coachman (3) North Dakota Republican candidate for governor
- Rick Becker (5) North Dakota Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Rick Berg (4) Republican Challenger North Dakota
- Robert Marquette (4) Libertarian Senate candidate North Dakota
- Tracy Potter (2) 2010 Democratic Challenger North Dakota
- Wayne Stenehjem (5) North Dakota Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the Bismarck Tribune:
- On 2022 N.D. Senate race, "North Dakota U.S. Senate debate fiery between Hoeven, challengers," by Jack Dura, Oct 27, 2022, (Link)
- (On Rick Becker & Wayne Stenehjem): Bismarck Tribune on 2016 North Dakota gubernatorial debate, 3/3/2016
- (On Wayne Stenehjem & Rick Becker): Bismarck Tribune on 2016 North Dakota gubernatorial race, 2/28/2016
- (On Robert Marquette): Bismarck Tribune on 2016 North Dakota Senate race, 2/22/2016
- (On Heidi Heitkamp & Rick Berg): Bismarck Tribune on 2012 N.D. Senate debates, 10/12/2012
- (On Duane Sand & Rick Berg): Bismarck Tribune on 2012 N.D. Senate debate, 5/20/2012
- (On Duane Sand): Bismarck Tribune on 2012 N.D. Senate debate, 1/26/2012
- (On Tracy Potter): Bismarck Tribune, "Potter wants to cut defense", 9/3/2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Rick Becker: Government's responsibility to protect human life.
Wayne Stenehjem: Exceptions for rape & incest, but sign other pro-life bills.
Budget & Economy|
Rick Becker: Submit smaller budgets when there are shortfalls.
Wayne Stenehjem: Rainy day funds and budget cuts work.
Wayne Stenehjem: Diversify our economy: drones, fertilizer, & infrastructure.
Robert Marquette: Fight for sound monetary policy & lower government influence.
Duane Sand: Wouldn't have voted to raise the debt ceiling.
Robert Marquette: Oppose legislation negatively impacting LGBT community.
Rick Becker: Lower tax rates and eschew picking winners and losers.
Rick Becker: Picking winners & losers fails; lower taxes & get out of way.
Rick Becker: Supports medical marijuana and legalized pot.
Wayne Stenehjem: Marijuana has no positives.
Energy & Oil|
Wayne Stenehjem: Diversify economy with value-added energy and agriculture.
Duane Sand: Build 20 nuclear power plants in 20 years.
Marvin Nelson: Block giveaway of state-owned mineral resources.
Michael Coachman: Block giveaway of state-owned mineral resources.
Heidi Heitkamp: Farm bill is needed and is blocked by partisanship.
Rick Berg: We will getwt the Farm Bill by year's end.
Michael Coachman: Make acquiring absentee ballots easier.
Robert Marquette: Shed light on entrenched political corruption and cronyism.
Robert Marquette: Strengthen gun rights.
Heidi Heitkamp: N.D. needs a state health care exchange, ObamaCAre or not.
Rick Berg: Replace ObamaCare piecemeal; it hurts middle America.
Tracy Potter: Large cutbacks in military to reduce federal spending.
Principles & Values|
Doug Burgum: Reinvented state government amid a $1B revenue shortfall.
Michael Coachman: Volunteers at prison ministry and Christian school.
Rick Berg: Declined to debate GOP opponent at two Tea Party debates.
Rick Berg: To get country back on track, change the Senate.
Duane Sand: Raise retirement age; raise cap; apply means-testing.
War & Peace|
Tracy Potter: Leave Iraq and Afghanistan as soon as practical.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of ND political races in The Bismarck Tribune.
Page last edited: Dec 24, 2019