Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of PA political races in The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Gore (1) Democrat
- Carla Sands (1) Republican Challenger Pennsylvania
- Conor Lamb (1) Democratic Challenger Pennsylvania
- Jeff Bartos (3) Republican Challenger Pennsylvania
- Jim Christiana (2) Republican candidate for Pennsylvania U. S. Senator Pennsylvania
- Jim Clymer (1)
- Joe Sestak (3) Democratic candidate for President; Navy Admiral
- John Fetterman (1) Pennsylvania Democratic nominee for Pennsylvania Lt. Gov.
- Joseph Hoeffel (1) 2004 former Democratic challenger; US Representative Pennsylvania
- Josh Shapiro (2) Pennsylvania Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Pat Toomey (3) Republican Jr Senator Pennsylvania
- Tim Murphy (1) Republican U.S. Rep Pennsylvania-18
- Tom Ridge (2) Pennsylvania Former Republican Governor (1995-2001); DHS Cabinet Sec'y
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
- On 2022_PA_Senate: "Here's where candidates for Pa. Senate and governor stand on Texas' abortion ban," by Julia Terruso and Jonathan Tamari, Oct 10, 2021
- On 2022 PA Senate: "Abortion is a key issue for Pa. Democrats, and it could supercharge the 2022 midterms," by Julia Terruso, Oct 10, 2021
- (On Trump Impeachment): "Tom Ridge says Trump asking a foreign leader for a political favor is an 'abuse of power'," Dec. 11, 2019
- On 2018_PA_Senate: "Fetterman, Bartos, in race for Pa. lieutenant governor, take aim at the top of the tickets," by Julian Routh, Oct 6, 2018
- (On Jim Christiana): Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on 2018 Pennsylvania Senate race, 5/15/2018
- (On Conor Lamb): Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on 2018 Congressional PA-18 election, 3/5/2018
- (On Tim Murphy): Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on 2018 Congress PA-18 election, 9/6/2017
- (On Joe Sestak & Pat Toomey): Pittsburgh Post-Gazette coverage of 2010 PA Senate Debates, 6/14/2010
- (On Jim Clymer & Joseph Hoeffel): 2004 PA Senate debate, in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 10/3/2004
- (On Al Gore): Pittsburgh Post Gazette, 5/26/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Carla Sands: Is "unapologetically pro-life".
Jeff Bartos: Rated pro-life by Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation, LifePac.
Jeff Bartos: Keep moratorium on death penalty.
Conor Lamb: Pursue and prosecute the criminals; aid the victims.
Jeff Bartos: Marijuana: no on legalization, yes on medical use.
John Fetterman: Go "full Colorado" on legalizing recreational marijuana.
Jim Christiana: Worked with Democrats to expand education tax credits.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Sestak: Offshore drilling moratorium; oversight of Marcellus Shale.
Joe Sestak: Championed cap-and-trade; market forces to reduce emissions.
Joe Sestak: Global warming is principally man-made; regulate CO2.
Pat Toomey: We need oil from deep water wells despite the Gulf spill.
Pat Toomey: Increase domestic supply instead of cap-and-trade.
Pat Toomey: Global warming exists, but not necessarily due to humans.
Tom Ridge: Not in US interests to withdraw from global arrangements.
Al Gore: Supports MFN for China.
Josh Shapiro: Brokered deal between insurance companies to expand coverage.
Jim Christiana: Hold sanctuary cities liable for damages by the undocumented.
Principles & Values|
Josh Shapiro: GOP wants to undermine elections & permanently divide us.
Tom Ridge: Trump's Ukraine actions an abuse of power.
Tim Murphy: Girlfriend got divorced due to his extramarital affair.
Jim Clymer: Both major parties are liberal on the major issues.
War & Peace|
Joseph Hoeffel: There was plenty of money for the troops in the pipeline.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Al Gore Democrat
- Carla Sands Republican Challenger Pennsylvania
- Conor Lamb Democratic Challenger Pennsylvania
- Jeff Bartos Republican Challenger Pennsylvania
- Jim Christiana Republican candidate for Pennsylvania U. S. Senator Pennsylvania
- Jim Clymer
- Joe Sestak Democratic candidate for President; Navy Admiral
- John Fetterman Pennsylvania Democratic nominee for Pennsylvania Lt. Gov.
- Joseph Hoeffel 2004 former Democratic challenger; US Representative Pennsylvania
- Josh Shapiro Pennsylvania Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Pat Toomey Republican Jr Senator Pennsylvania
- Tim Murphy Republican U.S. Rep Pennsylvania-18
- Tom Ridge Pennsylvania Former Republican Governor (1995-2001); DHS Cabinet Sec'y
The above quotations are from Media coverage of PA political races in The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.