Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of Texas political races in The Houston Chronicle
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Houston Chronicle (number of quotes indicated):
- Beto O`Rourke (2) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Bill Weld (1) Massachusetts Republican presidential primary challenger
- Dan Crenshaw (1) Republican U.S. Rep Texas- 2
- David Alameel (1) Democratic Senate Challenger Texas
- Dirk Kempthorne (1) Idaho Former GOP Governor (1999-2006); and Cabinet Sec'y.
- Gary Johnson (1) New Mexico Libertarian Gubernatorial Challenger
- Greg Abbott (2) Texas Republican Governor
- Julian Castro (2) Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Lamar Alexander (1) Republican Sr Senator (retiring 2020) Tennessee
- Lance Gooden (1) Republican U.S. Rep Texas- 5
- Libertarian Party (1)
- Lupe Valdez (3) Texas Democratic candidate for governor of Texas
- Paul Sadler (1) Democratic Challenger Texas
- Royce West (1) Democratic Senate challenger Texas
- Sema Hernandez (1) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Texas
- Sylvia Garcia (2) Democrat U.S. Rep Texas- 29
- Ted Cruz (3) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Tony Sanchez (9) Democrat 2000 Challenger
- Van Taylor (1) Republican U.S. Rep Texas- 3
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Houston Chronicle:
- (On Lupe Valdez): Houston Chronicle on 2018 Texas Gubernatorial race, 5/18/2018
- (On Greg Abbott): Houston Chronicle on 2018 Texas Gubernatorial race, 9/5/2015
- (On David Alameel): Houston Chronicle on 2014 Texas Senate race, 5/4/2014
- (On Ted Cruz): Houston Chronicle op-ed by Sen. Ted Cruz, 5/7/2013
- (On Paul Sadler & Ted Cruz): Houston Chronicle on 2012 Texas Senate debate, 10/3/2012
- (On Julian Castro): Houston Chronicle, "State dinner for Korean President", 10/11/2011
- (On Julian Castro): Gary Martin in Houston Chronicle, "Obama fiscal plan", 4/14/2011
- (On Dirk Kempthorne): Kristen Hays in Houston Chronicle, "Offshore Lease Plan", 7/31/2008
- (On Tony Sanchez): Clay Robison, The Houston Chronicle, 2/2/2002 * 4/7/2002
- (On Tony Sanchez): Polly Ross Hughes, The Houston Chronicle, 4/5/2002
- (On Tony Sanchez): R.G. Ratcliffe, The Houston Chronicle, 3/9, 3/16, 5/9, 5/15/2002
- (On Lamar Alexander): The Houston Chronicle, 9/10/95, 9/10/1995
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Lamar Alexander: Opposed to Abortion, but VP need not be.
David Alameel: Supports same-sex marriage.
Tony Sanchez: Accuses Morales of weakness on affirmative action.
Beto O`Rourke: We must cut down on recidivism for non-violent offenders.
Tony Sanchez: Spend money on education rather than prisons.
Beto O`Rourke: End prohibition on marijuana, expunge records of possessors.
Tony Sanchez: Reimagine relationship between state and school.
Tony Sanchez: Use Texas scholars to create new textbooks for schools.
Tony Sanchez: Judge schools on quality of books & facilities.
Energy & Oil|
Lupe Valdez: Supporter of clean energy options in wind and solar.
Dirk Kempthorne: Supports expanding oil and gas leases.
Julian Castro: Sister city builds strong bonds to South Korea.
Greg Abbott: Expand Texas' long-standing trade partnership with Mexico.
Paul Sadler: It's crazy to think Democrats want dependency.
Ted Cruz: Dems want to get as many Americans as possible dependent.
Tony Sanchez: Protect consumers from excessive utility bills.
Dan Crenshaw: AR-15 good weapon to defend yourself in your home.
Ted Cruz: Prosecute felons who try to illegally purchase guns.
Ted Cruz: Target violent criminals with serious mental illnesses.
Tony Sanchez: Sanchez opinions compatible with Texas State Rifle Assoc.
Julian Castro: Americans should not be on their own for health care.
Tony Sanchez: Sanction lawyers for “frivolous” medical malpractice suits.
Sylvia Garcia: The DREAM Act cannot be combined with building border wall.
Greg Abbott: Require local cooperation enforcing immigration laws.
Royce West: Oppose local cooperation enforcing immigration laws.
Sylvia Garcia: Oppose local cooperation enforcing immigration laws.
Van Taylor: Require local cooperation enforcing immigration laws.
Lance Gooden: Require local cooperation enforcing immigration laws.
Lupe Valdez: Supports increasing minimum wage, making college affordable.
Principles & Values|
Bill Weld: 2016 election: Johnson-Weld exceeded 3.6% of vote in MI & WI.
Gary Johnson: 2016 support fell from 9% to 3% just before election.
Libertarian Party: 2016's 3.24% nationally was highest for 3rd-party.
Sema Hernandez: The time to break the Patriarchy is now.
Lupe Valdez: Invest in expanded transportation infrastructure.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of Texas political races in The Houston Chronicle.