This page contains group ratings from independent policy groups.
Each group determines their own rating system.
Political Group Ratings: by UFCW on labor-management issues
Source: UFCW website
The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) is North America's Neighborhood Union--1.3 million members with UFCW locals in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Our members work in supermarkets, drug stores, retail stores, meatpacking and meat processing plants, food processing plants, and manufacturing workers who make everything from fertilizer to shoes. We number over 60,000 strong with 25,000 workers in chemical production and 20,000 who work in garment and textile industries.
The UFCW Senate scorecard is based on these key votes:
- American Jobs Act (+)
- Balanced Budget Amendment (-)
- Rejecting Cut, Cap, and Balance (+)
- Repeal Health Care Law (-)
- Sen. Am. 14 Wicker Am. to S 223, excluding unionization at TSA (-)
- Sen. Am. 740 McCain Am. to HR 2112, defunding TAA (-)
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Extension Act (TAA) (+)
Also see the related United Food and Commercial Workers ratings of the House.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 20.
Question 20: Stimulus better than market-led recovery
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Corporations
- Headline: by UFCW, indicating a pro-management voting record
- Headline 2: by UFCW, indicating a mixed management/labor voting record
- Headline 3: by UFCW, indicating an anti-management/pro-labor record
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 12-UFCW-S
||s1n14%||NH Previsouly MA Republican Jr Senator|| |
||s2n67%||CT Independent Sr Senator; Gore's VP nominee (Retiring)|| |
||s3n86%||Vermont Independent|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: